How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of up to forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks since they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not work correctly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely easy to understand. Software applications are currently available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with regard to its effects on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not right.