How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can save up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks since they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation abilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hack’s job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really simple to understand. Softwares are currently offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not right.