How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have a lot area readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod simplying playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks since they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation abilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and remove channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate correctly if you missed this important action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly very simple to comprehend. Softwares are already available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not best.