How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have a lot area offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod simplying playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks since they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not function appropriately if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with regards to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not right.