How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not operate correctly if you missed this essential step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely simple to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.