On the Fedora Project, we strive to provide an operating system with the latest, greatest features that is usable by everybody. Our tens of millions of users agree that we’ve got what it takes. Everyone from schoolchildren to housewives to students to scientists are using Fedora everywhere in the world to compute with stability and safety. And the work that the Fedora Project continues to do in hundreds of upstream communities has helped other distributions change into fashionable too. But Linux isn’t everybody’s cup of tea.
Because we respect your personal choices and the liberty to decide on, even when that selection is for something other than freedom itself, this page explains easy methods to uninstall Fedora from your system. How you proceed depends considerably on how you set Linux up in your system. These instructions ought to work equally well with most other Linux distributions.
1. Right-click the gadget icon on your desktop or in your graphical Computer browser. 3. Be sure the file system is msdos, fats, vfat, or ntfs. 1 My system solely has Fedora, and that i want to remove it and restore Windows. 2 My system is a dual-boot with Windows XP and Linux, and that i want to take away Linux and keep Windows. 3 My system is a dual-boot with Windows XP and Linux, and i want to destroy each and return to a Windows-solely system. 7 I have a triple-boot or other extremely customized setup and that i wish to remove Fedora. My system solely has Fedora, and that i want to remove it and restore Windows.
1. Back up your knowledge as shown above, if obligatory. 2. Shut down your Fedora system. 3. Boot from your Windows set up disc, which ought to have been offered with your system manufacturer. Sometimes this disc known as a “system restore disc.” For those who wouldn’t have such a disc, it’s possible you’ll have to contact your system’s producer. 4. Follow the instructions for system restoration that have been offered along with your system. For those who didn’t obtain these in printed kind, you could find them on the system restore disc.
If not, visit the manufacturer’s internet site. Some system restoration media, like a Windows set up disc, gives you choices for partitioning your hard disk. 1. Remove all existing partitions. 3. Install Windows on the brand new, single partition. Often when you utilize a manufacturer’s system restoration disc, the restoration course of handles this process for you. My system is a dual-boot with Windows XP and Linux, and i wish to remove Linux and keep Windows.
- Overlooking pointers for publish engagement
- Create in-depth articles around the products you want to create
- Enter the final password you remember and click on Next
- Company name and common overview
- Video Uploading
1. Back up your information as proven above, if needed. 2. Shut down your Fedora system. 3. Restart your system. In the course of the boot delay time, hit the Up and Down arrow keys to select your Windows working system, and hit Enter to boot from it. 4. After Windows has started, from the beginning menu, select Control Panel.
5. Select Performance and Maintenance, then Administrative Tools, then Computer Management. 6. Within the left pane of the pc Management window, underneath Storage, select Disk Management. On the fitting side, a graphical representation of your disk seems with bars representing every partition. The first partition is usually labeled NTFS and appears as your C: drive. 7. Remove different partitions belonging to your Linux system.
Don’t attempt to remove the C: drive partition. When you might have finished, the remainder of the disk is labeled as unallocated. 9. Enter the command diskpart. A command window opens. 10. Enter checklist volume to point out the volumes on your system. Each quantity is numbered. Find the quantity that represents your C: drive.
11. Enter choose volume , the place is the number of the volume on your C: drive. 12. Choose lengthen to increase the volume to fill the remainder of your disk where your Linux system previously existed. The diskpart utility confirms that the amount has been efficiently prolonged. 13. From the beginning menu, select the Shut down command and shut down the system. 14. Insert the Windows set up CD and restart your system. Pay attention to the boot screens.